Hello Sweet Friends!
I’ve been avoiding my studio for the past two weeks. I sort of burnt myself out with moCCAfest and the stress of it all. And of course, like every time I take a break, it’s increasingly hard for me to get back in the studio. But I am getting back in here. It’s amazing how guilty I feel when I’m not drawing, or printing. I beat myself up! I can hear my friends voices in my head saying “what are you doing? get back in there!” …it’s all good. I forgive myself, and I’m back in here now.
Some updates :
I ran a marathon! … Running is one of those things that makes me feel amazing. While this wasn’t my best marathon ( i cried 2x! during the race! ) It was an amazing experience.
I started a new job! It’s full time, giving my less time in the studio, but it hopefully will give me some finical stability to keep illustrating — early in the morning, on weekends, and late at night — until I can do this full time BABY!
It’s spring! Which means, it’s beautiful out!
I’m making a plan for some new goals —
Some of my ideas are :
1. illustrate a “primer” book, something with numbers, the alphabet, vegetables, colors?
2. DOGS with JOBS, the book.
3. photograph my merchandise and get that stuff up on ETSY.
4. Illustrate stuff I like and update my website/portfolio! Possibly a RE-DESIGN? I want to have more work geared towards clients I want . i. e. REAL SIMPLE, Runners World, Hallmark, American Greetings etc.
5. DREAM BIG – look into getting an agent.
6. Print my brains out.
I’m struggling a little with having time — with this new gig and everything. I’m hoping once I get more comfortable there I’ll have more brain cells when I get home and I’ll feel creative! Right now I come home and I just want my pajamas.
I’ll get there.